Sabine JonesCopyright and neighbouring rights
- Copyright and neighbouring rights
- Music royalties
- International business development
- Relationship marketing
- Strategic planning
- Executive MBA, Henley Business School, England (graduation 2018)
- B.A. translation and interpreting, Sprachen- und Dolmetscherinstitut, Munich
Sabine Jones (née Schlag) is an expert for copyright and neighbouring rights with outstanding linguistic skills.
Her career spans management positions at German copyright society GEMA and London-based PRS for Music where she improved financial income for rights holders and negotiated better conditions within the reciprocal agreements between the various countries.
After that, she took the helm at PAMRA – the UK artists’ collective management organisation. She led the company from an ailing -£850k debt to a healthy +£500k and thus prepared it for its merger with PPL (Phonographic Performance Ltd.) in 2006. After a short stint for the Nielsen company as International Marketing Director for music metadata (airplay and downloads) she moved to Zurich to run neighbouring rights society SWISSPERFORM for several years but had to move back to the UK due to family-related reasons.Her latest achievement was to co-found Kobalt Music’s Neighbouring Rights Division which she headed up as Managing Director until 2013. She then launched her own consultancy business (www.sjconsultancy.net).
As part of her career change, she focussed on her own development – she just finished her executive MBA journey at Henley Business School with an overall distinction and is due to graduate in September 2018.Her entrepreneurial vision is to help music industry start-ups with her knowledge and experience. In February 2018, she launched a cooperative for UK based music business freelancers.
She is now also an avid academic and has been invited to lecture about music & copyright, digital challenges in the music business and academic writing at the Herbert-von-Karajan Zentrum in Vienna, Kingston University in London, Hochschule Darmstadt and Solent University Southampton. Outside work life, Sabine Jones is an enthused gardener, novice half-marathon runner supporting various charities and veteran motorbike rider.
- Kommunikationsstarke und mehrsprachige (E, F, I) Führungskraft mit umfassendem
- Netzwerk in der Musik- und Medienbranche in D, CH, UK
- Professionelle Beraterin mit ausgewiesenem Knowhow (Change Management, Analyse und
- Verschlankung von Arbeitsprozessen, Strategie und Marketing)
- Ausgeprägte Dienstleistungsorientierung mit analytischer und unternehmerischer Denkund
- Handlungsweise und Hands-On Mentalität
- Erfolgreiche Implementierung von verbesserten Abläufen im Kunden- und
- Projektleitungserfahrung im Bereich Urheberrecht, Leistungsschutzrecht und Verlagswesen
- Umfassendes Netzwerk in der Musik- und Medienbranche in D, CH, UK
- Zuletzt tätig im Aufbau neuer Firmen und strategischen Business Development
If you’d like a consulting, please start by completing the form: