- August 31, 2017
- Veröffentlicht durch: Staff
- Kategorie: Competitive research, Countries, Economics, euro, european, European Union, Events
The European Investment Bank (EIB), the financial institution of the European Union, provides support for small and medium-sized enterprises in Serbia within the Program for Enterprise Development and Innovation of the western Balkans (WB EDIF), funded by the European Union. Potential beneficiaries of EIB Apex line for medium enterprises and priority projects are:
· Independent medium-sized enterprises with less than 250 employees for an indefinite period
· Local governments
· Other companies in accordance with the criteria of the EIB
This program is designed for small and medium-sized enterprises and allows companies easier access to financial resources with the possibility of obtaining lower credit prices, better conditions when taking collateral. The aim of the program is to stimulate investment in the sector of small and medium-sized enterprises to boost the performance of these companies that have great influence on the development of the economy.
Acceptable products include investment loans and financing of the working capital (revolving is not allowed)
The maximum loan amount for small and medium-sized enterprises is 500,000 EUR (or the equivalent in local currency). The agreed volume of the portfolio on the bank level is 30 million, of which 20 million EUR for the economy, and 10 million for the Retail business segment.
LOAN OF THE GERMAN DEVELOPMENT BANK (KFW)
German Development Bank approved Serbia 100 million euros loan for financing agriculture, energy efficiency, renewable energy and municipal infrastructure
Purpose of loan:
· for agriculture – financing of primary agricultural production and food processing, purchase of agricultural land, buildings, machinery and equipment, livestock breeding, investing in the development of organic agriculture and fruit production and investment in working capital amounting to 10% of the total loan amount;
· for energy efficiency and renewable energy – financing reconstruction, renovation and equipping of small and medium-sized enterprises in Serbia, which will reduce the unit energy consumption and CO2 emissions by at least 20%;
· for municipal infrastructure – financing the construction and reconstruction of water supply and sewerage systems, purchase of vehicles and machinery for providing utility services and public transportation, street reconstruction, construction and reconstruction of electricity networks, public lighting and heating systems, construction and reconstruction of social infrastructures (schools, kindergartens etc.).